Master Control Operator
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County-based (Rohnert Park) public television station, seeks a Master Control Operator. Duties include recording and quality assurance checking of satellite video feeds, broadcast station operations, on-air switching of programs, record keeping, and maintenance of station logs
This entry-level position requires a detail-oriented, conscientious individual who is highly organized and self-directed. In addition to computer skills, the successful candidate must be available to work weekends, evenings, and early morning shifts, sometimes on short notice.
Part-time, benefits eligible position, will train the right person. Non-profit. EOE. KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
Open until filled.
Location: Sonoma County, CA
About KRCB: KRCB North Bay Public Media, a nonprofit organization, is located in Rohnert Park, CA. KRCB Television 22 is a member of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and airs award-winning programs such as Downton Abbey, Masterpiece Mystery!, NewsHour, and Frontline, and well-known PBS kids programming such as Sesame Street, WordGirl, and Wild Kratts. KRCB FM 91 is a National Public Radio (NPR) affiliate and airs programming such as Morning Edition and All Things Considered. In addition, KRCB Radio and Television produce many hours of local programming, including the Emmy® Award-winning television series Natural Heroes.
Job Description: KRCB is expanding its sponsorship/underwriting sales team to include an Account Executive responsible for cultivating a new pipeline of corporate and advertising agency contacts throughout the North Bay area. The position has explicit revenue goals associated with the launch of the station’s new corporate partnership strategy. The Account Executive will work with the current sales team to build the station’s underwriting success.
Primary Responsibilities: KRCB is looking for a strategic, result-oriented sales executive with the ability to understand the client’s marketing needs, develop creative solutions, and close underwriting business. The Account Executive must have the ability to build and maintain on-going consultative relationships with clients during the entire sales cycle.
- Ability to sell corporate underwriting contracts
- Ability to meet corporate underwriting and sales goals
- Prospect new business accounts either through advertising agencies or direct client contact
- Build knowledge of KRCB products and programs
- Creatively pitch products and craft proposals
- Willingness to learn client’s business and cultivate a consulting relationship with clients
- Represent KRCB in a professional manner
- Communicate with station management regularly on sales progress
- Maintain accurate records of all related tasks concerning sales cycle
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 – 5 years successful sales experience
- 1 year or more marketing, media or advertising industry experience
- Knowledge of local media market preferred
- Self-motivation essential
- Must possess excellent written, communication, time management and presentation skills
- College graduate preferred
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Reliable transportation
- Eligibility to work in the United States