KRCB Associate Producer - Editor
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County-based public television and radio non-profit organization, is looking for a hands-on associate producer with strong technical and creative skills. TV and radio broadcast operations experience preferred. This is a part-time, in-house, benefits eligible position. Occasional night/weekend required.
- Editing, producing and writing television and radio short form projects to support organizational fundraising efforts, including pledge drives, auction and underwriting
- Production in the television studio and in the field, including camera, audio, lighting, and other functions
- Production in the radio studio and in the field, including recording sessions and audio mixing
- Production support for long and short form content in the appropriate formats for a range of delivery platforms
- Production of on-air television promotions, both local and national
- Managing promo database for TV traffic
- Video post-production, including video editing in Adobe Premiere (current version), graphics, audio mixing, color correction, and transcoding
- Audio post-production, including audio editing in Avid ProTools and/or Adobe Audition
- Broadcast traffic support for broadcast log management
- Solid Demo Reel
- Team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency required, Mac OSX a plus
- Strong working knowledge of current digital media production, equipment, and data management processes
- Working knowledge of DSLR videography and workflow
- Excellent multitasking ability
- Public television and non-profit experience a plus
- Motion graphics and After Effects a huge plus
- Asset management and media archiving
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience in live control room and studio production environments
- Document generation from database systems
- Experience with automation controlled systems
- Fluency in Spanish and knowledge of the Bay Area
DO NOT ATTACH DEMO REELS / VIDEO. SEND A LINK.
Responses with attached video will be deleted without being read. No phone calls. Deadline 12/08/17.
Non-profit. EOE. KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
Multimedia News Reporter/Producer
Can you create compelling audio stories? Do you have experience adding photography and video to your stories to increase their impact?
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County, California-based public television and radio non-profit organization, seeks a half-time reporter/producer and web journalist to work across our emerging platforms, including our NPR and PBS stations and our evolving website. Applicant should have at least two years broadcast news experience, write exceptionally well, and be skilled in digital audio editing, ideally with ProTools experience. Photography and video skills preferred.
The successful candidate will be fluent in social media, knowledgeable about current events in the North Bay, and able to juggle multiple deadlines. Duties will include, but not be limited to: producing audio stories for radio, assisting with video stories for television, field reporting, participating in long-term news operation planning as well as posting/illustrating web reports on krcb.org and social media. Experience in public media is a plus.
This is a half-time, benefits eligible position with opportunity for advancement. Must be within commuting distance of Rohnert Park and have own car. Spanish speaker a big plus.
KRCB is an equal opportunity employer, eager to connect with all corners of our community. KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.