KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Northern California Public Television (PBS) and Radio (NPR) broadcaster, is looking for a membership manager with a minimum two years of experience in organizing and implementing non-profit fundraising activities. Experience working in Public Radio or Television donor campaigns is preferred. This is a full-time, in-house, benefits eligible position.
The successful candidate will have an associate degree or higher, excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and team skills, as well as working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, including the ability to learn new applications. An understanding of specialized membership software and web donation software is preferred. Ability to successfully work to deadlines is necessary.
- Responsible for the development and meeting of the annual plan of revenue generated from individual giving.
- Working with the President / CEO, Accounting, TV Production, Radio Production, Content Management, and the Development Department, establish annual fiscal revenue goals, develop annual strategies to raise funds for both radio and TV through on-air fund drives, direct mail, and other fundraising campaigns.
- Direct targeted fundraising appeals in order to develop higher renewal rates, increased levels of giving, and growth of the general donor roster.
- Evaluate the success of the membership programs throughout the year and make necessary adjustments to meet goals.
- Raise funds and meet financial goals through membership pledges and renewals.
- Manage monthly processing such as timely renewal mailings, donation billing, and
- monthly installment reminders.
- Evaluate donor revenue monthly.
- Responsible for major donor cultivation and stewardship, and planned giving activities.
- Ensure that fundraising drives run smoothly and meet goals by assisting with the selection of pledge programming, and motivating on-air talent with pitch ideas.
- Oversee premium selection, ordering and fulfillment, donation billing, and thank-you letters to donors.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of various aspects of membership campaigns.
- Provide data for Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) system reporting, Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) pledge data reporting, and fundraising projections for pledge programming.
- Encourage a high donor response rate by writing effective letters and implementing campaigns.
- Work with the Content Manager to develop the various on-air individual giving interstitials.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending professional development seminars.
- Responsible for the management, process control, security, privacy, and data accuracy of Donor records, communications, promotion, data collection, and financial activity.
- Oversight responsibility for the KRCB Donor Database (MemSys), the MemSys data entry personnel, and the customer service response personnel.
- Thorough understanding of MemSys (or other similar Membership Database applications), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), ability to manage multiple vendors, publishing houses, phone center, merchant card processing and drop shippers.
- Perform other duties as required for the ongoing financial support of KRCB Public Media.
Non-profit, EEO, KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
Master Control Operator
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County-based (Rohnert Park) public television station, seeks a Master Control Operator. Duties include recording and quality assurance checking of satellite video feeds, broadcast station operations, on-air switching of programs, record keeping, and maintenance of station logs
This entry-level position requires a detail-oriented, conscientious individual who is highly organized and self-directed. In addition to computer skills, the successful candidate must be available to work weekends, evenings, and early morning shifts, sometimes on short notice.
Part-time, benefits eligible position, will train the right person. Non-profit. EOE. KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
Open until filled.