Radio News Reporter/Multimedia Producer
Can you create compelling audio stories? Do you have experience adding photography and video to your stories to increase their impact?
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County, California-based public television and radio non-profit organization, seeks a full-time reporter/producer and web journalist to work across our emerging platforms, including our NPR and PBS stations and our evolving website. Applicant should have at least two years broadcast news experience, write exceptionally well, and be skilled in digital audio editing, ideally with ProTools experience. Photography and video skills preferred.
The successful candidate will be fluent in social media, knowledgeable about current events in the North Bay, and able to juggle multiple deadlines. Duties will include, but not be limited to: producing audio stories for radio, assisting with video stories for television, field reporting, participating in long-term news operation planning as well as posting/illustrating web reports on krcb.org and social media. Experience in public media is a plus.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. Must be within commuting distance of Rohnert Park, CA, and have own car. Spanish speaker a big plus.
KRCB is an equal opportunity employer, eager to connect with all corners of our community. KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County-based public television and radio non-profit organization, is looking for a part-time Project Assistant who will provide general administrative support to the Underwriting team, the Production Manager, and the Content Manager.
Responsibilities include office and clerical work such as drafting sponsorship proposals, corresponding with underwriting sponsors, pulling database reports, grant tracking and reporting, and occasional front desk coverage. Additional duties include project tracking, event planning and logistics, and support for broadcast and social media marketing campaigns.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Communicate with sponsors and community partners via email and phone
- Maintain a monthly tracking system for TV and radio sponsorship contracts
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate with others on joint projects and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to quick changes in priorities
- Willing to work flexible hours occasionally, including several weekends and evenings per year
Experience and Preferred Skills:
- Five years of increasingly responsible office experience
- Ability to generate basic database reports
- Interest in marketing, project management, event planning, and community relations
- Self-starter who can take direction and work independently
- Strong research skills
Approximately 3-4 days per week (10-15 hours per week) with an expectation of working flexible hours with occasional nights / weekends. Possibility of increasing to 20 hours per/wk with benefits. Must be within commuting distance and have own car. EEO. Spanish speaker a plus.