Northern California Public Media (NCPM), a Bay Area television and radio (PBS/NPR) broadcaster, is seeking a seasoned and reliable Accounting Manager to be responsible for the company's financial reporting systems and processes. This in-house position is full-time and benefits eligible. The office is located in Rohnert Park, California.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end general ledger close.
- Responsible for closing entries and period close reconciliations.
- Manage key accounting functions including, but not limited to, timely balance sheet reconciliations, daily cash reconciliations, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Oversee accounts payable function to ensure compliance with expense reporting, capitalization policy and purchase order procedures.
- Process payroll provided by 3rd party payroll service provider.
- Process all periodic tax filings including annual business property, real property, sales and business, and completing timely payments for such.
- Assist with budget and forecasting activities, including cash flow report by period.
- Assist with daily banking.
- Work with outside accounting firm to ensure a clean and timely year-end financial reporting and tax return preparation process.
- Support management with special projects as assigned.
- Review work of other accounting staff.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting software.
- Review and implementation of internal control processes and systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business/accounting or equivalent experience.
- Supervisory skills required.
- PC proficient. Experience with Windows 10, Microsoft Excel, Word, general ledger accounting software.
- Strong verbal, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to manage and own priorities and workflow.
- Commitment to excellence, including laser focus on accuracy, timeliness, and relevance.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
How to Apply:
Non-profit. EEO. NCPM does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.