• After a noisy push for single-payer health care divided California Democrats last year and spawned months of hearings and discussions, the new state budget contains little to mark that debate.
• The owner of a hardware store in Tennessee wants everyone to know that he doesn’t like gay people and that they are not welcome in his store.
• Californian’s next budget does not include a new charge on water users to fund safe drinking water in rural communities.
A few weeks ago, some of the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists from the Santa Rosa Press Democrat travelled to New York City to accept the paper's award for its outstanding coverage of the North Bay…
• The final California budget that Gov. Jerry Brown will ever sign is heading for his desk after the Legislature approved a nearly $140 billion general fund spending plan Thursday.
Two local nonprofits in Sonoma County are taking part in a pilot project funded by California's Medi-Cal program.
• The fight over whether PG&E is liable for the wine country fires is ongoing.
The new Wine Spectator Learning Center is open on the Sonoma State campus in Rohnert Park.