What does storytelling have to do with wine? Wineries across the globe use stories to market their products.
• A push for California to establish its own “net neutrality” doctrine, after the Trump administration rescinded federal rules, has technically advanced in the state Legislature.
Happy first day of summer. Mosquitoes are expected to be worse than usual this season, and you may be surprised about how that is connected to October's wildfires.
• A bill that would change when California police officers may choose to use deadly force is moving forward in the state Senate, despite opposition from law enforcement.
In Petaluma, a town known for its 150-year history of poultry farming – and more recently for its reputation as an often unforgiving foodie community where restaurants are lucky to last more than a…
• After a noisy push for single-payer health care divided California Democrats last year and spawned months of hearings and discussions, the new state budget contains little to mark that debate.
• The owner of a hardware store in Tennessee wants everyone to know that he doesn’t like gay people and that they are not welcome in his store.
• Californian’s next budget does not include a new charge on water users to fund safe drinking water in rural communities.