The oldest surviving brick mansion in Sonoma County has had its seismic stabilization work completed, and is ready for public visitors again.
The Hood mansion was built in 1858, by William Hood for his wife, Eliza. Below is a similar view of the home as it looks today, along with an interior photo of the dining room, which was "updated" with some colorful wallpaper for a fundraising event back in the 1970s.
The public is invited to join in celebrating the hood House’s 150th birthday on Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008. The party will include presentations from 10-11 am, and an open house with grounds tours from 11 am to 1 pm. Cake and lemonade will be served. The Hood House is located at 7501 Sonoma Highway.
There's a map to Hood House location here .